Monday, August 1, 2011

What have I been playing with lately?

Murrini.

Encasing.

Making, capping, and coring BHBs (big hole beads) ~ also known as european charm beads such as are worn on the popular bracelet and necklace systems that shall not be named but you know who I'm talking about, right?  ;)

I'm having so much fun with this!  Also, since I've been lampworking a minimum of 5 to 6 days a week my skill with murrini application has drastically improved which fills me with joy.  Murrini are formed by skillfully applying layers of glass to form a pattern and larger rod that is then pulled down to a thinner rod.  This thinner rod is then cut into slices that you can apply in any number of ways to glass creations.

My skill at making murrini isn't wonderful yet but that's OK because I can buy all the wonderful murrini I want from Lori and Kim and frequently do, much to the detriment of my bank account!  There's no hope for a murrini addict in full swing.

In the bead below I stretched the murrini.  It's not a normal use or application, I went out of the box.  I personally love the results and apparently so did someone else as this one is getting ready to ship out to it's new owner.

Glass is ever changing and so much fun!










4 comments: